Saturday Car Accident Snarls Taconic State Parkway Traffic
A car accident northbound on the Taconic State Parkway led to traffic backups for more than 50 miles on Saturday.
The incident occurred just after 1 PM by exit 115 in Pleasant Valley when a gray Saturn SUV crashed into the back of a silver sedan. One injury was reported in the car that was hit, but the driver of the SUV left on her own recognizance. The cause of the accident is to be determined.
Kudos to local first responders who were able to navigate a difficult traffic situation and be on the scene within minutes.
Along with Kaaterskill Falls, the Taconic State Parkway was named one of the nine most dangerous places in all of New York.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie