Hudson Valley Veteran Needs Your Help
One Hudson Valley organization is working to help a veteran in need.
The American Legion Post 1758 out of Hopewell Junction have created a GoFund Me account to help out a veteran who's been sick in the last few months.
According to the page the veteran, who goes unnamed, has been in the hospital and his house is in disrepair. The American Legion has said that they've removed "numerous loads of material from the property" with help from Metzger Construction.
That's just phase 1. The American Legion says that the next phase has a few more steps. They're looking for volunteers for September 7th when renovations will be taking place.
Speaking of renovations they are also looking for donations. The donations will be used to "provide structural improvements to the home, such as the roof."
They're asking for $3,500. As of Friday morning, August 9th, they have raised about $400. If you would like to help or donate visit the American Legion Post 1758 GoFund Me page.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie