Ulster County Dog Park At Risk of Closure
There is a online petition to help save an Ulster County dog park that is at risk of closing due to maintenance issues.
The Gardiner Dog Park, located at 2340 Route 44/55 in the Town of Gardiner is in need of some maintenance work or the park will have to be closed.
The Gardiner Town Supervisor recently sent out an email to residents stating the following:
There is maintenance needed at the dog park. The gate needs to be repaired and there are holes that need to be filled to keep the dogs that use the dog park safe. Years ago when the dog park was established it was not to cost taxpayers money. When maintenance is needed an email is sent out and folks take care of what is needed. However, last year a volunteer offered to help with the gate. They took the gate off to fix it, but the work was never completed. The gate still needs to be put back up. If the maintenance is not performed the dog park will need to be closed.
If you would like to help out or know somebody who might be willing to help, visit the petition page.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie