The Celebration of Lights is Friday in Poughkeepsie
When does the holiday season officially start for you? For some people it's Thanksgiving. For some earlier, and for some later. For me, the official start of the holiday season is the day of the Celebration of Lights in the City of Poughkeepsie, and it's this Friday, Dec. 6. And it's also First Friday Poughkeepsie. Double fun.
As a resident of the City of Poughkeepsie, this has always been one of my favorite days. The city seems to come alive with holiday spirit. This year, the City of Poughkeepsie and The Bardavon 1869 Opera House will present the 26th annual Poughkeepsie City Celebration of Lights Parade and Fireworks this Friday, Dec. 6 at 6:30 pm. After the parade there will be specials at the River District restaurants, fireworks at 7:15, and a special viewing of Sandlot at The Bardavon at 8PM.
It's a fun and festive night in the City of Poughkeepsie, and a great way to kick off the holiday season. For more information about this year's Celebration of Lights, visit the facebook event page.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie