Poughkeepsie High School Placed on Lockdown Following Fight
Several students were involved in a fight at Poughkeepsie High School, forcing personnel to place the school on lockdown.
On November 18, at approximately 12:56 p.m. security personnel from the Poughkeepsie High School requested assistance from the City of Poughkeepsie Police for an out of control fight/disturbance involving numerous students.
The school was placed in lockdown by school district personnel.
Numerous members of CPPD responded including patrol, traffic, detectives and supervisors. Arriving officers assisted school district security in restoring order within the area of the school’s offices.
Additionally, officers used mediation, as well as crisis intervention techniques to the extent participants, were willing. Parents/guardians of certain students involved were summoned to PHS to pick up their students.
Verbal altercations continued until students left the school grounds and immediate area with their parents/guardians. CPPD members assisted PHS personnel with releasing the ordered school lockdown.
There were NO arrests or reported injuries to any students or PHS personnel related to this incident at this time. An investigation into the events leading up to and including the incident is ongoing.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie