Netflix Building New Soundstages, Headquarters Near Hudson Valley
If you thought there were already lots of movies being filmed in the Hudson Valley, just wait until Netflix moves in.
Governor Cuomo announced on Thursday that Netflix will expand its presence in New York by building a new, state of the art production hub in our area. The project is expected to bring hundreds of jobs and up to $100,000,000 in new investments for New York State.
There are already many television and movie industry employees living in the Hudson Valley. But now, we can expect even more jobs pouring into the region thanks to the new Netflix facility. The project includes six sound stages being built in Brooklyn with the capacity to hold thousands of production crew jobs. The hub will also include a nearby office that is expected to create 127 high-paying executive content, marketing and production development jobs over the next five years.
Original Netflix programming, like Orange Is The New Black, has already been under production in our area for years. With a new headquarters located so close to the Hudson Valley, it's almost certain that more filming will be taking place in the Mid Hudson Region.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie