Man Drowns in Orange County Pond, Police Say
The incident occurred on Friday morning just before noon in the City of Newburgh.
On July 12, at approximately 11:30 a.m. the City of Newburgh Police Department received a call of a male lying face down in the pond at Downing Park near the area of Third Street and Robinson Ave.
Upon arrival, with the assistance of the City of Newburgh Fire Department, a male was brought to the shoreline where he was later pronounced dead by the Medical Examiner’s Office.
The male was identified as 22-year-old Santos Alirio Mendez-Perez.
There were no obvious signs of foul play, however, this incident is being investigated by the Detective Division pending the autopsy results.
Anyone with information related to this incident is urged to contact the City of Newburgh Police Department at (845)561-3131.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie