Hudson Valley-Born Coach Celebrates Chiefs’ Super Bowl Win
The Chiefs' comeback victory over the 49ers in Super Bowl LIV Sunday provided Kansas City players and coaches many reasons to celebrate. It turns out there's a Hudson Valley connection to the Kansas City coaching staff.
According to The Daily Voice, Dave Toub originally from Ossining is the team's assistant head coach and special teams coordinator under head coach Andy Reid. He graduated from Mahopac High School in the class of 1980 where he starred as an offensive and defensive lineman. He went on to play college ball at Springfield College and the University of Texas-El Paso and was drafted by the Eagles in 1985.
Toub has been with the organization for a decade and has worked his way up the ladder adding assistant head coach duties in 2018. During his tenure, the Chiefs have scored 10 special teams kick return touchdowns, most in the NFL. Before joining the Cheifs staff he spent time as a coach with the Chicago Bears as well.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie