Gas Prices Set to Plunge at Hudson Valley Pumps
Gas prices in the Hudson Valley, and across the country are set to plunge according to recent trends.
It appears that gas prices are set to drop by an average of 16 cents per gallon nationally. The price of gasoline has been dropping steadily since the beginning of May, and could potentially drop even further moving into summer.
It's interesting to see prices drop at this time of year, usually the price is higher as more people are traveling. Last year at this time, the price ranged from $2.82 and $2.90 a gallon. That price stayed steady through the summer and early Fall, before dropping in November.
Over the next week, we could see the national average price of gas drop to $2.59 a gallon. Currently, the Hudson Valley is paying an average of approximately $2.74 a gallon.
Lowest Gas Prices in the Hudson Valley:
- Poughkeepsie (Dutchess County) - $2.75 a gallon
- Kingston (Ulster County)- $2.69 a gallon
- Newburgh (Orange County) - $2.69 a gallon
- Monticello (Sullivan County) - $2.83 a gallon
- Brewster (Putnam County) - $2.87 a gallon
You can view the lowest price of gas in your town at gasbuddy.com
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie