Cops: Drunk Man Buys Alcohol For Kids, Calls Police on Himself
The Hudson Valley man fled when police attempted to question him upon arrival at the residence.
On August 23, at approximately 02:57 a.m., Saugerties Police responded to a welfare check of an unknown situation at 524 Blue Mountain Road in the Town of Saugerties.
Upon arrival officers located 29-year-old Mitchell Kane, who was intoxicated and attempted to flee when officers tried to question him.
An investigation by officers established that Kane had made the welfare check call himself, and upon checking the residence a number of underage intoxicated minors were located within.
Further investigation by officers established that Kane had provided alcohol to the minors. Incidental to taking Kane into custody, officers found Kane in Possession of a quantity of Cocaine.
Kane was processed at Saugerties Police Headquarters and then arraigned in the
Town of Saugerties Justice Court, being remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie