A Bunch Of Hudson Valley Towns Were Named New York’s Safest
If you live in New York, there's no safer place to be than the Hudson Valley.
SafeHome.org recently released a list of the top 25 safest towns in New York, based on a variety of factors that included population, the police force, and the trends in violent and property crimes. And not only did a Hudson Valley town top the list, we actually got the top six spots.
The number one safest town in New York is Ramapo, which received a safety score of 91.25. Numbers two through six were made up of other towns from all across the Hudson Valley: Yonkers, Greenburgh, New Rochelle, White Plains, and Clarkstown. Another Hudson Valley town, Mount Vernon, made the list at number twelve.
So what does this tell us? It tells us that nearly one-third of New York's safest towns are located right here, which is nice. This was a sampling based on cities with a population size of more than 45,000, which means that some Hudson Valley towns were excluded from the list. Niagara Falls came in at number 25 on the list, with a safety score of only 57.25.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie