We Rank the Top Smells at the Dutchess County Fair
Everyone talks about the sights, sounds and tastes of the Dutchess County Fair, but for us, the smells are the real thrill.
During a discussion about the Dutchess County Fair, My co-host Robyn and I came to the conclusion that the variety of aromas that surround you at the fair are the real attractions. Walking around the fairgrounds Rhinebeck you'll find yourself surrounded by some of the most unique and satisfying aromas of the year.
Here are just some of our favorites:
- Peanuts being roasted over an open flame
- Sausage and Peppers
- Fresh popcorn
- Cedar planks being burned as souvenirs
- Flowers and greenery in the horticultural barn
- Those cinnamon glazed nuts
- Roasting corn
- Fresh hay
- Cotton Candy
- Hand-cut french fries
Do you have a favorite smell at the Dutchess County Fair? Let us know in the comments section below or on our Facebook page.
And, if you're planning on attending the fair this year, be sure to check out our list of little-known discounts that could save you quite a bit of cash at the gate.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie