Upper Hudson Valley Man Accused of Selling Illegal Rhino Skull
The Department of Environmental Conservation said they arrested and charged a Columbia County man Monday with illegal commercialization of wildlife. The Times Union says the man stands accused of selling a black rhino skull, which the DEC says is a critically endangered species.
While laws have been put in place to help bring back the species from extinction, poaching and other illegal activities continue. The DEC says it's illegal in New York state to sell any pat of a rhino.
The man's identity has not yet been released. More details as they emerge.
The severity of the punishment will depend on the value of the skull.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie