Three Story Hotel Restaurant Hotel Proposed For New Paltz
If plans come to fruition, the building that once housed Moxie Cupcakes in New Paltz could become a restaurant and twelve-room hotel. But hurdles remain as plans go against town building code according to Hudson Valley One.
Developers would need a variance because the current code caps new construction at two and a half floors. Plans for the restaurant and hotel would include a roof deck with views of the ridge which would exceed three floors.
The structure at 184 Main Street was originally built as a Jack In The Box and has seen a number of businesses go through the property. According to plans, the building would be leveled and the 43-foot building would replace it. That height does not take into consideration the additional footage for the roof deck.
What are your thoughts, should a restaurant/hotel take the place of the old Moxie (Jack In The Box)?
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2019
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie