Snowshoe Fun Run/Walk Comes to Sullivan County
For some Sullivan County organizations, this February there’s no business like snow business.
On Saturday, February 22 at 10:30 a.m. Catskill Mountainkeeper invites the community to snowshoe on the Sullivan Rail Trail from Mountaindale to Woodridge at the first annual Snowshoe Fun Run and Walk.
Ramsay Adams, Executive Director of Catskill Mountainkeeper said:
The Catskills are truly a four-season recreational wonderland. The SnO&W celebrates the best winter has to offer, with snowshoeing, hiking, food and drink on the newly developed and expanding scenic Sullivan O&W Rail Trail. This family-friendly event is the culmination of a wonderful partnership between Catskill Mountainkeeper, Trailkeeper, Sullivan 180, the Village of Woodridge, the Town of Fallsburg, Mountaindale Action Committee, Morgan Outdoors, and the Sullivan County Division of Planning.
The approximately 2-mile course will begin at the trailhead on Mall Road in Mountaindale and finish at Krieger Park in Woodridge, with complimentary refreshments at Woodridge Village Hall following the event.
There will be a limited number of snowshoes available for rent. Transportation will be provided from the race end back to parking.
This event is free and open to the public, but registration is requested.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie