Remembering David Bowie
Today David Bowie would have been 73 years old. He was born on Jan. 8, and died on Jan. 10, just two days after his 69th birthday. Way too soon. So today we celebrate the life and music of David Bowie.
I have so many great David Bowie memories. As a teenager, I would ride around new Windsor with my friends listening to David Bowie. Mostly we listened to the Ziggy Stardust album, and always on eight track, of course. As I got older I started listening to other David Bowie albums and started to really appreciate the genius of Bowie. I think one of my best David Bowie memories is seeing him at The Chance in Poughkeepsie. Talk about a great show. All great memories.
And then there is the memory of coming to work on Monday Jan. 11 2016. I went to bed early the night before and had no idea that David Bowie had died. Boris broke the news to me, and I was in shock. In fact, I don't think I'm over it yet.
David Bowie was an innovator, an amazing musician and a class act. Happy Birthday, David Bowie, wherever you may be. And thanks for the memories.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie