Pier 1 Imports to Close Hudson Valley Locations Amid Bankruptcy
Pier 1 Imports recently filed for bankruptcy and is set to close over 3 Hudson Valley locations.
On Monday, February 17, 2020, Pier 1 Imports filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. USA Today reports that Pier 1 is currently seeking a new owner of the company and filed for bankruptcy as protection. With bankruptcy, Pier 1 is planning to close over 450 locations, which is roughly half of its stores in the U.S.
Within the Hudson Valley, five different locations will be closed, as reported by USA Today. Four of those locations are in the lower Hudson Valley. They include Bedford Hills, Larchmont, Port Chester, and White Plains. In the mid-Hudson Valley region, the Kingston Pier 1 Imports location will be closing.
As of right now, USA Today reports that Pier 1 customers are still able to shop online and in stores. It has not been disclosed when these Hudson Valley locations will be closed. But Pier 1 is expecting bids for buyers to be submitted by late March 2020. No information regarding job losses or local economic impact has been released.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie