Orange County Town Clerk Charged With Embezzlement
A town clerk who has held an elected position since 2014 was arrested on a charge of embezzlement.
In early January 2019, the state police in Middletown were contacted by officials from the Town of Crawford regarding irregularities with the books and accounts within the Town Clerk's office.
Following an extensive investigation, it was determined that approximately $20,000 had been stolen by Town Clerk Jolene Roy, 44, of Pine Bush. Roy has held her position since 2014.
Roy was charged with third-degree grand larceny, first-degree tampering with public records, all felonies. Roy was additionally charged with falsifying business records second-degree.
Roy was arraigned in the Town of Wallkill Court and released on her own recognizance. State Police were assisted by the New York State Comptroller's Office and the Town of Crawford Police Dept.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie