Once Popular Poughkeepsie Restaurant Set To Re-Open
A once popular Poughkeepsie bar and restaurant will re-open under new management with a new name and vibe. The long-vacant Spanky's will be revived as Nova's on Main Street this summer.
Chef/owner Vincent Delgado will be coming up with a menu focused on 'new Americana'. He plans to incorporate as many locally sourced ingredients as possible. In the meantime, work continues on renovations.
While an official opening date has yet to be chosen, it's coming soon. They'll be open Tuesday thru Sunday and for the first two weeks plan on being open only for dinner. Here's a look at their hours for your reference.
- Tuesday/Wednesday 4-9pm
- Thursday 11-3pm (lunch) and 4-11pm
- Friday/Saturday 11-3pm (lunch) and 4-11pm
- Sunday 10-3pm (brunch) and 4-9pm
Once owned by Rich LaVacca, Spanky's was known for their great cajun food. It's great to see one of Poughkeepsie's high profile empty buildings coming back to life.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie