NYC Approves 3rd Gender on Birth Certificates
In 2018, most people now either know someone who has identified as transgender or as non-binary, and each person's journey to discovering that and sharing that with the world is uniquely their own.
New York City recently became one of the first cities in the U.S. to make it easier for people to change their birth certificates. To someone who has taken the multi-year steps and actions to get to the place where they hope that the world can recognize them as they see themselves, it is a huge step to be able to get their birth certificate to reflect this.
There is a new bill approved by the New York City Council on Wednesday that would give a third gender option (legally) on a New York birth certificate, according to the New York Post. Persons could request this augmentation to their birth certificate without having to get medical documentation supporting their need for gender change.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie