It Came Without Ribbons! The Grinch Arrested by Police in New York
You're a mean one Mr. Grinch. Or maybe in this case just plain annoying. Many have complained for years over the slew of overzealous costumed characters harassing people in the streets near Times Square.
The NY Post says the NYPD arrested three of these masked panhandlers Thursday afternoon. One source told the Post the rowdy threesome "all stood together, which created a wall, [and] would not move, aggressively blocking pedestrians trying to walk by,
The three culprits were "Spider-Man", "Captain America", and the "Grinch". It appears since the annual Christmas tree lighting, some of these characters have moved a few blocks towards Rockefeller Center, in an attempt to poach unwary pedestrians. Aren't Spidey and Captain A supposed to be the good guys?
The Post says the three were taken into custody for disorderly conduct. The city says that the rules that restrict the costumed characters and street performers in Times Square to certain areas don't stand beyond the Crossroads of the World.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie