Free Guided Landscape Walk in Staatsburgh
This is my favorite time of the year. The weather is just right. Warm, but not too hot or humid. And the flowers. Everywhere I look I see bright colors. Yellow daffodils, red tulips, pink cherry blossoms, purple lilacs. It's beautiful. Want to see some beautiful colors and great landscaping? Then think about a trip to Staatsburgh.
The Staatsburgh State Historic Site at 75 Mills Mansion Drive in Staatsburgh is hosting a free Guided Landscape Walk this Sunday, May 5, at 1 pm. Sunday's tour is entitled "What You See and What You Don't See". This one hour guided landscape walk will explore how the landscape was designed to reflect the wealth and taste of Staatsburgh's owners, while deliberately hiding all the labor that made the good life possible.
Make sure you wear comfortable shoes, you will be walking. Obviously. For more information about the free Guided Landscape Walk this Sunday at the Staatsburgh State Historic Site, and to find out about other upcoming events at the mansion, visit the event facebook page.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie