Former Spanky’s Building And Neighboring Property Up For Sale
Two City of Poughkeepsie properties are up for sale and are available for possible redevelopment as apartments. The former Spanky's Restaurant building at 85 Main Street along with the neighboring industrial property at 6 Davies Street could be demolished to make way for living space.
According to commercial real estate site Loopnet, the Main Streety property is on the market for $550,000. The 3,000 square foot building was built in 1920 and housed the once-popular Spanky's who was known for their Cajun and Creole food. In the spring of 2018, it was announced that Nova's on Main would open later that summer but that never materialized.
The Davies property next door was built in 1951 is listed at 1,276 square feet and available for $135,000. The dual properties sit across from The Derby and are close to the train station, Route 9 and Mid Hudson Bridge along with the all-new Fit Social and Zeus Brewing Company up the street.
A number of new projects have been announced in recent months for the City of Poughkeepsie including the $10 million Hive development and an additional 41 apartments going into an old school around the corner.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie