Felon Found With Multiple Weapons in Ulster County, Police Say
An Ulster County, and convicted felon was found with multiple weapons following a domestic dispute.
On Wednesday, December 4, at approximately 5:00 PM, Saugerties Police arrested 57-year-old Jeffrey Sackal on the Misdemeanor charge of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth-degree.
Sackal had been arrested at 1:17 am Wednesday morning incidental to a domestic dispute. At the time Sackal was arraigned in the Town of Ulster Justice Court where an order or protection had been issued on behalf of the victim.
The Order also required that Sackal turn any weapons he owned over to police upon his release. At the time officers collected a shotgun, a number of rifles, in addition to a handgun from Sackal.
A file check on Sackal at the time of his arrest established that Sackal was a convicted felon, and therefore could not legally possess any type of firearm.
As a result, Sackal was arrested by police detectives and charged with the weapons possession charge.
After being processed at Saugerties Police Headquarters, Sackal was released on an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of Saugerties Justice Court at a later date..
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie