Empty Bowls Fundraiser in Washingtonville [UPDATE]
Update: This event has been canceled.
Washingtonville High School's National Art Honor Society will be hosting its 5th annual Empty Bowls Dinner and Fundraiser on Friday, March 20 from 5:30 - 7PM in the cafeterias in the high school at 54 West Main Street. The dinner will raise money for The Food Bank of the Hudson Valley and The Country Kids Food Pantry.
Here's how the Empty Bowls Fundraiser works. Guests pay a suggested donation of $10 to $20 for a handcrafted ceramic bowl. Then they enjoy a dinner buffet with goods donated by Washingtonville community members, restaurants, and businesses. At the end of the event the guests leave with an "empty bowl" and a full stomach, which will serve as a reminder of all those who are struggling with food insecurity.
This event is first come, first serve. The only people who can reserve bowls are students, parents, and/or community members who sign up to make or glaze their own bowls at one of the bowl making workshops. For more information about the Empty Bowls Dinner and Fundraiser, visit the event facebook page.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie