Empty Bowls Fundraiser at Washingtonville High School
Washingtonville High School's National Art Honor Society will be hosting its 4th annual Empty Bowls Dinner and Fundraiser on Friday, March 22, from 5:30 - 8 pm in the cafeterias in the high school at 54 West Main Street. The dinner will raise money for The Food Bank of the Hudson Valley and The Country Kids Food Pantry.
Here's how the Empty Bowls Fundraiser works. Guests pay a suggested donation of $10 to $20 for a handcrafted ceramic bowl. Then they enjoy a dinner buffet with goods donated by Washingtonville community members, restaurants, and businesses. At the end of the event the guests leave with an "empty bowl" and a full stomach, which will serve as a reminder of all those who are struggling with food insecurity. More than 100 members of the Washingtonville High School clay class crafted the bowls for the fundraiser.
Empty Bowls is is first come, first serve. Snow date is March 29. For more information email Ms. Held at email@example.com or visit the Empty Bowls website.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie