Daughter of Maurice Hinchey to Announce Senate Run
Michelle Hinchey will be in Kingston this morning to officially announce her campaign for Senate.
Congressman Maurice Hinchey served New Yorkers for 38 years in both the New York State Assembly and the U.S. House of Representatives. Hinchey was 79 when he passed away just about two years ago. Now, Hinchey's daughter is ready to follow in her father's footsteps.
According to the Times Union, Michelle Hinchey is scheduled to announce her candidacy in Kingston on Monday morning at 10am. Joined by Congressman Antonio Delgado, Hinchey will officially challenge Republican state Senator George Amedore for the 46th Senate District.
Hinchey is expected to focus her campaign on healthcare, improving broadband access to rural areas and "smart development."
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie