CVS Closing ‘Underperforming’ Hudson Valley Location, 45 Others
UPDATE 5/14 - The CVS listed in this story will not be closing down after all. Read the explanation here.
A local CVS store is among 46 that will be closing across the country.
USA Today reports that the drug store chain has announced that they will be shutting down less profitable stores across the country as they shift their focus from retail to health care services. The company, however, will continue to operate almost 10,000 stores.
The CVS located on Windermere Ave. in Greenwood Lake has been named as one of the locations that will be closing down. It's unknown when the closure will take place, but this is sadly not the only high profile closure in our area in the past few weeks. Recently it was announced that Applebee's would be leaving Woodbury Common Premium Outlets this summer.
The closest CVS for Greenwood Lake residents will now be on Main St. in Warwick. That location, as well as the others in the Mid Hudson region, will continue to stay open. The only other New York location affected by the closures is on Long Island.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie