Route 9W Construction Will Cause Traffic Delays
Deteriorating crosswalks are set to be replaced along Route 9W in Port Ewen and local residents are being advised to give themselves a few extra minutes on their commute.
According to a post from the Town of Esopus Facebook page, the construction is being done by the New York State Department of Transportation. The work was scheduled by the DOT as the Town has no control over such matters.
The stretch of Route 9W from River Road to Old U.S. Route 9W will be under construction for approximately eight days, depending on the weather. As a result, this portion of 9W will be reduced to one lane during this time. Traffic patterns will shift and cars will alternate turns, so you can expect traffic in the area.
The Kingston Port Ewen Suspension Bridge will be closed from the 24th through the 27th as well along with July 1st and 2nd for repairs so if you can avoid this area during this time, it might be a good idea.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie