Can You Answer This Poughkeepsie Clue From Thursday’s ‘Jeopardy’?
Poughkeepsie and two of its most famous institutions were mentioned on Jeopardy! this week. But if you were on the show, would you have been able to answer with the right question?
A while back we compiled the 16 times Poughkeepsie was mentioned in a Jeopardy! clue. In a majority of those instances, the answer had something to do with Vassar College. Back then we wondered if one of the researchers on the show was a graduate of the college, perhaps inserting their alma mater in the show every year or so as an inside joke.
Well, it looks like the Jeopardy! writer that's obsessed with Poughkeepsie has struck again. On February 6, the following answer ran as the $200 clue in the category "The New School."
In the 1960's Marist College in Poughkeepsie began admitting them, Just as nearby Vassar stopped admitting only them
The first contestant buzzed in with the incorrect answer, "What are men?" Of course, the correct response is, "What are women?"
Marist College was originally an all-boys college run by the Marist brothers. Across town, Vassar was operating as an all-girls college. That changed in the 1960's when both schools went co-ed.
Did you get it right? Let us know if you figured out this Poughkeepsie clue on our Facebook page or in the comments section below.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie