Another Seal Spotted on the Hudson River
I think it's safe to say that seeing seals in the Hudson River isn't common. According to the Department of Environmental Conservation young Harp seals are known to head up the Hudson looking for food. While not impossible, still not common for us to see.
However, even they think this latest seal excursion is a little far.
Last week we found out that a seal was sunbathing on the Hudson, right here in the Hudson Valley near Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park.
On Tuesday, March 19th the DEC reported that another seal was found a little further up north.
The DEC shared photos on their Facebook page of a seal hanging out on a piece of ice a south of Albany on the Hudson.
We're wondering if it's the same little guy or girl who was sunbathing at Vanderbilt? Either way, with all the talk of a 14 foot monster sturgeon in the Hudson River I'd much rather have a run in with a Hudson River seal.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie