Amateur Radio Licensing Class Returns in October
The Dutchess County Department of Emergency Response, in partnership with the Mount Beacon Amateur Radio Club, will host a two-day Technician Level amateur radio licensing class on Saturday, October 5th from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday, October 6th from 8 a.m. to noon.
FCC license exams will be administered at 1 p.m. on Sunday, October 6th and are open to all wishing to obtain a license or upgrade their existing license for a $15 FCC exam fee.
The training and exam will be held at the Dutchess County Department of Emergency Response, located at 392 Creek Road, Poughkeepsie. The two-day licensing class is open to the public and free to attend, but pre-registration is required.
It is recommended participants obtain the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 4th Edition prior to the first session. To pre-register and to learn more, call William Baker at (845) 235-2048.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie