92-Year-Old Struck, Killed By Train in Dutchess County
A 92-year-old who was walking on the rail tracks was struck and killed by a southbound train Tuesday morning.
On Tuesday, June 25, 2019, the New York State Police investigated a fatal train and pedestrian collision on the Amtrak line between the Rhinecliff and Staatsburg stations.
The investigation revealed that An V. Tran, age 92, of Poughkeepsie was struck and killed by a southbound Amtrak train while walking on the tracks at approximately 9:17AM.
Amtrak Police, Village of Rhinebeck Police, MTA Police, NYS Department of Transportation, Hillside Fire Department and the Dutchess County Medical Examiner’s Office were also on scene.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie