What Should Replace Poughkeepsie’s Italian Center?
The historic Poughkeepsie building that has housed the Italian Center since 1928 is up for sale, the question is what should replace it?
Located in the heart of Poughkeepsie at 227 Mill Street, the 1.45-acre site includes the 10,500 square foot building along with lots of parking and a small undeveloped parcel of land. The facility was originally built in the year 1900 and was renovated in the early 1960s.
Suggested use for the property includes a restaurant or bistro, community center or museum. Listed for sale on February 5th, the price tag sits at $1.7 million. The club has plans to continue on in a new location once the sale has been completed.
For many years, the Italian Center has hosted the popular Italian Festival. No announcement has been made as to the status of the 2020 fest but we can only hope it continues.
What would you like to see replace the Italian Center?
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie