WEATHER: Chance For Freezing Rain and Snow, Then Much Colder
Sunday's gloomy skies will stick around for a few days, before getting much colder by the end of the week. There's a chance for showers Sunday night as temps should stay in the 30s. Some areas of the Catskills could see snow overnight.
Monday and Tuesday will see highs in the 40s with showers off and on. Some of the rain could be mixed with freezing rain or snow in some areas early in the morning, especially in higher elevations. Lows both nights will be in the upper 20s.
Wednesday will bring the only real day the sun will stay out, with highs around 40. However, the break won't last as a wintry mix is expected to move in overnight. Thursday will see snow showers in some areas early, and then rain by the middle of the day. Highs will be in the 40s. Lows in the 30s.
Friday will colder with highs only near 30, and partly cloudy skies. Lows could dip into the single digits, so bundle up if you're going out for Valentine's dinner.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie