The Annual Beacon Sloop Club Corn Festival Is Aug. 11
It's almost that time of the year again. Time for the Annual Beacon Sloop Club Corn Festival. It's always a great time, and it's always delicious too. The festival will be on Sunday, Aug. 11, from noon - 5 pm at Pete & Toshi Seeger Park, 1 Flynn Drive in Beacon.
The will be lots of hot fresh sweet corn, of course, but that is not all. You will also be able to enjoy cold sweet watermelon, fresh made chili and more. Special free activity for children will be the Tumble Bus, a full size school bus converted into a mobile gym for kids from 18 months to 9 years of age, available from noon - 4 pm, vendors and crafts. Two music stages with live music from Jonathan Kruk, Susan Wright & Friends, Betty & The Baby Boomers, The Cabo’s, Ernie Sites, Roadhouse Roosters,
Hank Woji, and Lydia Adams Davis. Guests are welcome to sign up for any one of 5 free sails on the ferry sloop Woody Guthrie. It's fun for the whole family, and admission is free.
For more information about the Beacon Sloop Club Corn Festival, visit the event facebook page.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie