Tesla to Build Site on Route 9 in Fishkill
Elon Musk is taking over a little piece of Route 9.
Tesla is moving into the Hudson Valley Towne Center. The electric car company is starting construction on a piece of the shopping center on Westage Dr. that's already home to Regal Cinema, Chipotle and Five Guys.
According to the New York Real Estate Journal, Tesla will be installing 12 new superchargers at the site near the intersection of Route 9 and I-84. The stations will utilize V3 technology that will enable drivers to recover up to 180 miles of range in just 15 minutes of charging.
Bob LaColla, the Fishkill Town Supervisor, told the Journal that he's very excited about the new project.
Representatives from Tesla came in last year to give us an overview of the plan and we were able to work with them to complete the necessary review and approvals. Locating the stations here, at the crossroads of the Hudson Valley in Fishkill, is the type of private-sector green initiative we like to see.
The new Tesla project is expected to open this spring.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie