Strange Odor Diverts Dominican Bound Flight to JFK
NBC is reporting that a JetBlue flight out of Newark was diverted back to JFK Airport after crew and passengers complained of an unusual odor.
And while the news may sound a bit strange, the unidentified smell was bad enough that it made passengers suffer from dizziness and vomiting. NBC says the incident happened Sunday morning, as Flight 1203 bound for Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, had to turn around not long after take off.
The move was a precautionary one, according to JetBlue. The airline said in a statement:
The aircraft will be inspected before returning to service, and flight 1203 will continue to Santo Domingo on a different aircraft.
It is unclear how many passengers became ill. It is also unclear what caused the odor; whether it was something leaking from the aircraft, something brought onboard, or something weird emanating from a particular passenger.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie