Sign Language Interpreter Joins Santa at Poughkeepsie Galleria
The Poughkeepsie Galleria will be hosting a special meeting with Santa on Saturday, December 14th and Sunday, December 15th.
According to the Dutchess County Government Twitter account, Santa will be visiting the Poughkeepsie Galleria with a special guest. A sign language interpreter.
The interpreter will be on hand to "help children with developmental and intellectual disabilities tell the big guy their holiday wish."
The interpreter will be on hand on Saturday, December 14th, from 10 a.m. to noon & 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., as well as on Sunday, December 15th, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Santa's special guest interpreter is part of the #ThinkDIFFERENTLY campaign. Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro explains that the #ThinkDIFFERENTLY campaign is "a call to action to create a supportive and welcoming environment for those living with special needs. This website is designed to be a starting point to find the services and connections you and your family need.”
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie