Report: Dutchess County Girl Confesses Staging Her Own Abduction
A local student who was abducted right in front of her shocked mother is home, but she's got a lot of explaining to do.
According to CBS New York, sources say that 16-year-old Karol Sanchez admitted to her family that she faked an abduction that triggered an Amber Alert on Monday. The kidnapping happened right in front of her mother's eyes in the Bronx.
On Monday at11:30pm the Arlington High School student was visiting relatives in the Bronx when a sedan pulled up to the girl and her mother. Four men got out of the car, grabbed Sanchez and pushed her mother to the ground before taking off.
On Tuesday, as posters were being put up around the scene of the abduction, Sanchez suddenly appeared and turned herself in to officers. CBS New York is reporting that the girl confessed to staging the whole thing because of "family issues."
Sanchez's mother, who did not know the whole thing was staged, was said to have been hysterical on Monday, screaming for her child who she thought was taken by strangers.
The NYPD is still investigating the incident before announcing if any charges will be filed.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie