Remembering Tom Petty
I can't believe it's been two years since Tom Petty died. It seems like it was yesterday. And then sometimes it seems like it was forever ago. I'm pretty sure I've seen Tom Petty live more than any other band or artist. There was just something about a Tom Petty show.
Tom Petty loved his audience and they loved him. It was evident at every Tom Petty show. He had a total command of the crowd. If you looked around you would see people of all ages, teens to seniors, mesmerized by the music and the mood. I was never once disappointed at a Tom Petty show. I almost did not go to Mountain Jam in 2017. But I thought better of it, and went just for the Tom Petty performance. I am so glad I did. It was an amazing show, as always. And it was only months before he died.
Working at a classic rock station, I can honestly say that not a day goes by that I don't think of Tom Petty. He is sorely missed, but thankfully he will live in our hearts through his music and our memories.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie