Remembering Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix would have been 77 years old today. Hard to believe, isn't it? He died when he was only 27, so he's eternally young in our minds. But in his short time here, he sure made an impact. Even kids way too young to remember Jimi Hendrix not only know about him, but they respect him. And how many guitarists dream to be like Jimi Hendrix?
I was too young to see Jimi Hendrix in concert, but I did get to know his long time producer Eddie Kramer. Eddie lived in the Hudson Valley for a while, and was a frequent guest here at the radio station. We even became friendly over the years, and even hung out a couple of times. It was fun. Eddie always had some great stories to share. .
Jimi's music will live on forever, and somehow, it makes him live on as well. Happy Birthday to Jimi Hendrix, hopefully making music from another dimension.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie