Poughkeepsie Club Raises $4,000 For Local Veterans Organization
A private Poughkeepsie social club, the Shamrock Association, has raised more than $4,000 for Vet2Vet, a Dutchess County-based veterans program at a recent fundraiser.
The fundraiser consisted of games, raffles, and food but the event that made the biggest splash was the dunk tank. Attended by several hundred local residents, it even caught the attention of Poughkeepsie Mayor Rob Rolison. According to Rolison who took a few throws at club member Todd Bender who volunteered in the tank, 'I was unsuccessful in hitting the target (Bender) but it was an honor to come down and support Adam Roche and the Vet2Vet program'.
Shamrock club president Marty Fralick credits members for the success of the fundraiser, 'they banded together to make this Vegas Night a success and raised much-needed funds for our heroes'.
Vet2Vet is a local organization that offers a number of services to local veterans. including assistance with housing, employment, and even grocery money.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie