Police: Dutchess County Man Sexually Abused Child For Years
A Dutchess County man is accused of sexually abusing a young girl for a number of years.
On Monday, the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department announced the arrest of 44-year-old Octavio H. Santiago of Poughkeepsie. Back on Aug. 1, members of the City of Poughkeepsie police, the Dutchess County Child Abuse Center and the Dutchess County District Attorney’s Office began an investigation into the sexual assault of a 9-year-old girl.
Authorities allege Santiago sexually abused the child. On Aug. 3, he was charged with predatory sexual assault against a child, a felony.
Santiago had been sexually assaulting the child for over two years, police say. He was arraigned and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail.
- Alert: 13 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Had Oral Sex With Children
- Police Investigate Suicide From Bear Mountain Bridge
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Had Oral Sex With Student
- At Least 7 Killed in Mafia-Style Murders in The Hudson Valley
- Rabid Cat Bites Woman Walking Dog in Hudson Valley
- Here's How You Can Help The Family of a Fallen Hudson Valley Cop