Out of the Darkness Walk to Prevent Suicide
Not only is walking good for you, you can also walk to raise awareness for a very serious problem. Suicide. The Dutchess and Ulster Counties Out of the Darkness Community Walk will be on Sunday, September 29 from 9:30 AM - 1 PM on the Walkway Over the Hudson.
When you walk in the Out of the Darkness Walks, you join the effort with hundreds of thousands of people to raise awareness and funds that allow the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention to invest in new research, create educational programs, advocate for public policy, and support survivors of suicide loss. Thanks to these walks and other fundraisers, AFSP has been able to set a goal to reduce the annual suicide rate 20% by 2025.
Check in and on-site registration begin at 9:30 AM. The walk will run from 11:15 AM - 1 PM. Online registration closes at noon on Friday, September 27th. However, anyone who would like to participate can register in person at the walk from 9:30 AM - 11:15 AM. Walk donations are accepted until December 31st. For more information, visit the event facebook page.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie