Optimum to Give Customers Bill Credit for Recent Outage
Where were you when the internet went out? Did you think that it was just your device that wasn't connecting online or did you realize that it was a system-wide outage?
Optimum experienced widespread outages in the Northeast on Friday night, Sept. 6. Turns out a lot of people don't know how to deal when there's no internet. Police in Ossining and a Connecticut town had to take to social media to tell people not to tie up police and emergency lines with their wifi issues. The Hudson Valley, in particular, was impacted, leaving many in Dutchess County without wifi, as well as cable and phone.
Well, Optimum has finally weighed in. The sent an email out to customers:
As you may be aware, we experienced a power failure Friday evening, September 6th, that may have affected your service. We understand it was a frustrating experience and we thank you for your patience while our teams worked tirelessly to restore service as quickly as possible. ... In light of the service disruption, we will be automatically issuing a credit on one of your next two monthly billing statements.
No word yet on just how much customers will get back as a credit. Do you think a credit will make up for the service outage or does the outage woahs have you rethinking your internet service provider and cable company choice?
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie