Only in the HV: Valentine Pickle Bouquets Are a Real Thing
A local pickle maker is offering up something slightly sour for your sweetheart.
If you want to make a really "big dill" over your lover this year, look no further than this unique twist on the old, boring bouquet. Who wants a bunch of flowers when you can give the gift of pickles? That's right, nothing says "I love you" quite like a fist full of gherkins.
A local pickle maker is making those pickle dreams come true for lovers everywhere this year. Corey's Pickles, based in Orange County, is taking orders now for his unique pickle bouquets. Each arrangement comes with flowers, baby's breath, greenery and, of course, lots of pickles.
Whole pickles and pickle slices are propped up on sticks within the arrangement to look just as beautiful as flowers. And there appears to even be some peppers thrown in for a pop of color. I can't think of any better way to show that special someone that you're a person of impeccable taste than giving them a bouquet made with pickled vegetables.
These truly unique arrangements are prices starting at $50 for the basic and go up to $130 for the "Bougie" which includes an additional two quarts of pickles and a 45-minute massage certificate. And while it's not advertised as an option, if you're planning on popping the big question this Valentine's Day, I'm sure Corey would be happy to include a pickle just the right size for you to slip an engagement ring on. Talk about romance!
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie