Motorcyclist Left in Critical Condition After Striking Deer
A Green County man had to have emergency surgery following a crash in Ulster County.
On November 3, at approximately 12:10 p.m., Saugerties Police responded to the area of Route 212 and Shagbark Pond Road in the Town of Saugerties for a reported motorcycle versus deer crash.
The investigation established that 49-year-old Kyle Lewis of Greenville N.Y. was operating a 2009 Harley Davidson Motorcycle westerly on State Route 212 when a deer entered the roadway into the path of Lewis’s motorcycle.
Lewis sustained massive trauma as a result of the crash. Lewis was treated at the scene by paramedics and then transported to a landing zone, where Lewis was airlifted to the Albany Medical Center, where Lewis underwent emergency surgery.
Lewis is currently listed in critical but stable condition.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie