Motorcyclist Left in Critical Condition After Striking Deer
A Green County man had to have emergency surgery following a crash in Ulster County.
On November 3, at approximately 12:10 p.m., Saugerties Police responded to the area of Route 212 and Shagbark Pond Road in the Town of Saugerties for a reported motorcycle versus deer crash.
The investigation established that 49-year-old Kyle Lewis of Greenville N.Y. was operating a 2009 Harley Davidson Motorcycle westerly on State Route 212 when a deer entered the roadway into the path of Lewis’s motorcycle.
Lewis sustained massive trauma as a result of the crash. Lewis was treated at the scene by paramedics and then transported to a landing zone, where Lewis was airlifted to the Albany Medical Center, where Lewis underwent emergency surgery.
Lewis is currently listed in critical but stable condition.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie