Marist Graduate Set To Host New Discovery TV Show ‘Man Vs. Bear’
A graduate of Marist College in Poughkeepsie is set to commentate on a new Discovery TV show called Man Vs. Bear. The show will debut Wednesday night at 9 PM.
Brandon Tierney was a 1996 graduate of Marist College and has gone on to have a successful career in sports broadcasting and announcing. He was a contributor on the popular ESPN program 'Outside The Lines' and now hosts the nationally syndicated 'Tiki and Tierney' with former New York Giant Tiki Barber.
Tierney's new gig is unlike anything he's done before. Man Vs. Bear pits humans against grizzly bears in a series of five challenges each episode. Deadline reports the reality show takes place at a Utah animal sanctuary and the challenges are based around exercise routines the bears regularly follow. For example, contestants will be playing tug of war or will be timed rolling giant logs. The human who scores the most points for the day will be crowned champion.
Joining Teirney as host is wildlife expert Casey Anderson. She founded the Montana Grizzley encounter and has saved a number of bears from inhumane captivity situations.
So the question is, do you have what it takes to compete athletically with a bear?
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie