Hudson Valley Cyber Security Summit Coming to Marist
The inaugural Hudson Valley Cyber Security Summit next Wednesday, January 15, at Marist College.
With cybersecurity attacks on the rise across the nation and breaches costing upwards of $2.3 million to recover from, County Executive Marc Molinaro and the County's Office of Central and Information Services will host the inaugural Hudson Valley Cyber Security Summit next Wednesday, January 15, at Marist College.
The event, which is sponsored by Marist College, will help community leaders be better prepared against cyber threats.
County Executive Molinaro said:
Our Office of Central and Information Services remains committed to technological innovation and security preparedness. As technology continues to make things easier, faster, and more convenient, it becomes our responsibility, as municipal leaders, to prepare for and protect against possible cyber threats. I encourage everyone involved in their organization's information and technology services to attend our first Cyber Security Summit to gain the tools and resources necessary to help protect sensitive information
More than 100 attendees have already registered, including municipal leaders and representatives from community agencies and school, fire and police districts from nine counties, to hear from industry experts on topics such as:
- What to do before, during, and after a cyber attack
- The ins and outs of cybersecurity insurance and compliance
- The importance of an effective cybersecurity plan
- How to respond to a simulated cyber attack
- Improve cyber readiness with the latest tools and resources available
The event will be held from 9 a.m. to noon in the Marist College Student Center and is free to attend. Registration and a complimentary networking breakfast will be at 8:30 a.m. Registration is required and is available at DutchessNY.gov/CyberSummit.
For more information, please contact Dutchess County Office of Central & Information Services at (845) 486-2450 or visit DutchessNY.go
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie